The Motability Scheme offers an affordable way for disabled people to lease a new car, wheelchair-accessible vehicle, scooter or powered wheelchair.
It is available to anyone who receives one of the following allowances, with at least 12 months remaining:
- Enhanced Rate of the Mobility Component of Personal Independence Payment (PIP)
- Higher Rate Mobility Component of Disability Living Allowance (HRMC DLA)
- War Pensioners’ Mobility Supplement (WPMS)
- Armed Forces Independence Payment (AFIP)
- Higher Rate Mobility Component of the Child Disability Payment (CDP)
- Enhanced Rate Mobility Component of the Adult Disability Payment (ADP)
The Motability Scheme is operated by Motability Operations Limited under contract to Motability Foundation. Family members or carers can drive the car on behalf of the disabled person covered with insurance for up to three named drivers. Servicing and breakdown assistance all included and car adaptations are also available.
For more information on the Scheme, visit motability.co.uk or call 0300 456 4566.
The Motability Foundation may be able to provide charitable grants to disabled people to access the Motability Scheme and use their vehicle more easily. All of our grants are means-tested to make sure we provide funding to those most in need of support. Visit motabilityfoundation.org.uk/charitable-grants or call 0800 500 3186 to be considered for funding through one of our grant programmes.
Motability is a Registered Charity in England and Wales (no: 299745) and in Scotland (no: SC050642), incorporated by Royal Charter. Motability is authorised and regulated by the Financial Conduct Authority (Reference number 736309) as a credit broker. Motability operating as Motability Foundation.
Who to contact
- 0800 500 3186 0800 500 3186
- Motability Foundation
- Scan to visit this website
- Warwick House
- CM19 5PX
Time / date details
- Opening times/date
- Open Monday to Friday from 8.30am to 5pm, Saturday 9am to 5pm
- Session Information
- Who is this service for?
- The Motability Scheme is open to those who receive either: - the Higher Rate Mobility Component of Disability Living Allowance (DLA), - the War Pensioners’ Mobility Supplement (WPMS), - the Enhanced Rate Mobility Component of Personal Independence Payment (PIP), or - the Enhanced Rate Mobility Component of Armed Forces Independence Payment (AFIP).
- Can I refer myself?
- Referral not required